Regulations of NTHS as approved by the board of the 70th NTHS congress hosted by Mannhullet, Norway in 2017
1. The name of the association is "NORDENS TEKNISKA HÖGSKOLORS SKEPPSBYGGARE".
2. The members of the association are composed of students from the following universities:
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU), Copenhagen
- Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (CTH), Gothenburg
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Stockholm
- Norges Tekniske Naturvitenskaplige Universitet (NTNU), Trondheim
- Aalto University, Helsinki
3. The purpose of the association is to improve the contacts between the members and to act as a provider of knowledge in ship building in the Nordic countries.
4. The board of the association consists of 10 members. Two from each delegation, chosen by student unions.
5. The congress
Every year a congress is to be arranged in one of the four Nordic countries. Each university hosts the congress every fifth year.
- Each university is allowed a delegation of ten participants. The host university may allow more participants if desired.
- The congress must comprise of:
- The President for the following year shall be introduced for the board.
- Determination of place for the next congress.
- Probable changes in the rules.
- Presentations followed by discussion and excursions to laboratories, shipyards and other industrial enterprises.
- A board meeting with the board consisting of the chairman and vice chairman of each delegation. The following issues will be on the agenda:
- Invitations must be sent no later than two months prior to the congress. A preliminary schedule should be attached.
6. The official language of the congress is English.
7. A member fee cannot be demanded. To cover costs for the congress it is however possible to collect a participant fee, which must be no more than £ 300 per participants. The association may not take on economic responsibility.
8. When electing a new chairman at one of the universities the other universities should be informed as soon as possible. The latter also applies for changes in names, addresses and/or telephone numbers.