Monday, March 25th - Friday, March 29th
Nordens Tekniska Högskolors Skeppsbyggare (NTHS) is a conference during which the national shipping and shipbuilding industries are showcased to 5 nordic delegations of maritime and naval students. It has been organised every year since 1948 by one of its 5 student delegations:
NTHS has evolved to become a valuable tradition and help create a community that we want to carry on. The aim of the conference is to keep a continuous contact between the industry and the students. The days of the congress are set-aside in company visits, presentations and networking events. The Banquet, at the end of the congress is traditionally an opportunity to meet the NTHS alumni.
NTHS is definitely one of the most important events for the students to discover the industry, build their network and broaden their horizons.
This year, KTH and CTH have joined their forces to organize NTHS 72. The week is currently being planned out, companies are contacted and everyone is is already thinking about the Congress!
The Congress will start on Sunday, the 24th of March 2019, in Stockholm. It will then go mainly along the coast, stopping on the way to visit companies, ships and shipyards until Göteborg, where the Banquet will be held on Friday, the 29th of March.
The Banquet is the biggest reunion of NTHS. Held every year on the last evening of the Congress, it is where new members and so-called Old-timers meet, share their more-or-less recent experiences and recollection of NTHS and thank the hosting delegation before welcoming the new President.
This year's NTHS Banquet will be held in Göteborg, on Friday, the 29th of March 2019. The official invitation will be sent at least a month prior to the event.
Regulations of NTHS as approved by the board of the 70th NTHS congress hosted by Mannhullet, Norway in 2017
1. The name of the association is "NORDENS TEKNISKA HÖGSKOLORS SKEPPSBYGGARE".
2. The members of the association are composed of students from the following universities:
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU), Copenhagen
- Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (CTH), Gothenburg
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Stockholm
- Norges Tekniske Naturvitenskaplige Universitet (NTNU), Trondheim
- Aalto University, Helsinki
3. The purpose of the association is to improve the contacts between the members and to act as a provider of knowledge in ship building in the Nordic countries.
4. The board of the association consists of 10 members. Two from each delegation, chosen by student unions.
5. The congress
Every year a congress is to be arranged in one of the four Nordic countries. Each university hosts the congress every fifth year.
- Each university is allowed a delegation of ten participants. The host university may allow more participants if desired.
- The congress must comprise of:
- The President for the following year shall be introduced for the board.
- Determination of place for the next congress.
- Probable changes in the rules.
- Presentations followed by discussion and excursions to laboratories, shipyards and other industrial enterprises.
- A board meeting with the board consisting of the chairman and vice chairman of each delegation. The following issues will be on the agenda:
- Invitations must be sent no later than two months prior to the congress. A preliminary schedule should be attached.
6. The official language of the congress is English.
7. A member fee cannot be demanded. To cover costs for the congress it is however possible to collect a participant fee, which must be no more than £ 300 per participants. The association may not take on economic responsibility.
8. When electing a new chairman at one of the universities the other universities should be informed as soon as possible. The latter also applies for changes in names, addresses and/or telephone numbers.